Happy Holidays, everyone!
I hope this finds you enjoying the preparations and not feeling stressed out. I do my preparations early and use this time to wind down and reflect on all I’ve accomplished and hope to take on in the new year.
I didn’t get as much painting and learning in this year as I had hoped. I’m looking forward into 2024 for the opportunities to spend more time with a brush in my hand. The first quarter of 2024 is going to bring on lots of opportunities for BWS members to meet and learn. Let’s take a look….
- General Meeting, Saturday, January 13, 1-3pm. We need a person to demo the last part of the meeting – who can help us out?
- Mini Workshop, Winter Landscape with Ed Carlson, Saturday January 27 11:30am-3:30pm (special time). Two spaces available. Please email me directly.
- Splash of Watercolor, Saturday and Sunday, February 17-18, 2024. Volunteers needed to keep the show fabulous! Prospectus is online.
- General Meeting, Saturday. March 9, 1-3pm. Demo artist will be Barbara Brook demoing Batik.
- Watercolor Batik on Rice Paper – 2-day workshop with Barbara Brook. We’ve been anxiously awaiting this one! Register online.
- Mini Workshop – Overcoming Plein Hurdles, Plein Air Painting with Susan Blakeslee, Saturday, March 30, 1-3pm. Register online.
As you can see above, we now can register online for the mini-workshops. Your confirmation will include the artist’s supply list.
The Board is working on some social offerings for us – not meetings and workshops, but opportunities to socialize and sometimes just paint together. More details to come.
A few reminders:
- Annual memberships are due in January, no later than your Splash entry! They are tax deductible, so December might be a goal to get that taken care of. CLICK HERE to take care of it. We value you as a member. Your beautiful art and souls are the heartbeat of this group!
- Splash needs helpers for the show – Please reach out to Laurie Griffin if you can assist.
- We still have two mini-workshops in 2024 that need artists to lead: August 24 and September 21. I would love to put the scheduling to bed for 2024.
The Board and I wish to thank you all for your contributions this year – for your participation, for your time, and for your support.
I wish you all much joy for the rest of the year and in 2024!
“Art is nothing but humanized science.” – Gino Severini
– Teri Mahnken
President, Brevard Watercolor Society