Instructor: Witha Lacuesta
Subject: Body in Motion – Drawing
This workshop will give you an overview and practice exercises to quickly sketch a body (human or otherwise anything) to later be developed into a painting.
Do not expect to complete a painting with this workshop, we will be learning a new skill! No need to draw anything ahead of time.
Plan to bring:
- Sharp pencil and sharpener
- 12 inch ruler
- Drawing board suitable for the paper you bring
- Lots of sketch paper, a few quarter sheets or eighths of a watercolor paper, 140lb or 90lb
- Water container, paper towels
- Brushes and paints you are used to, you just need a few colors
- Please collect and bring as many photos from the sports pages or other sources that show people in motion; we can exchange and share images. Do not use a phone or table for reference.
- If you have a bendable mannequin, please bring it.
If you register and then need to cancel, email email@example.com so we can notify someone on the waitlist. There is no additional cost for mini workshops, they are one of the benefits of membership in BWS.
Current BWS Members: FREE
Non-Member Guest: $5.00 (pay at the door)
Due to space limitations and teacher preference, registration is limited to 20. First-time guests may be added to a “Wait List”, however, members have first priority. Guests are welcome to attend for a $5 fee. If membership is applied for the day of the workshop, $5 will be deducted from the total membership fee.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.